“In each day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
In the hopes of helping people understand they’re not alone in their struggle, I want to offer my own personal “secrets.”
Too many of us are walking around with a smile on our faces, when in actuality, we feel the opposite inside. What makes it worse, is we feel alone in this daily torture — we see everyone else smiling, thinking they have it all under control.
Together, let’s shine a light on the truth we ALL have faced, or are still facing, helping eliminate the illusion that “everything’s perfect.”
Here are a few secrets I’ve carried, but have only shared with an intimate group of people.
• 8 years ago, I planned my suicide.
• Only until the last 5 yrs, have I felt worthy of “success.”
• In that same time span, I’ve finally felt anyone would care about the lessons I want to share.
• My entire life, I’ve felt like a fraud, walking with a smile, talking big, but behind closed doors, living small.
• While I smiled wide, I feared everyone would figure out it was fake.
• I was a good athlete, but a horrible leader and model for character and integrity.
This list could stretch infinitely, but now it’s your turn. I challenge YOU to help someone who feels alone in their pain.
Someone (even just one person) feels like no one is going through the same frustrations, and can’t understand.
PROVE THEM WRONG!
What’s 1 thing, 2 things, 20 things that you’ve fought through, or currently fighting through, that may resonate with someone who’s in need of being understood? Together, let’s make our intention to impact one life today.